Why I Became a Wealth Advisor
In my experience, money can bring people together and provide joy. Finance was a hobby for me before it became my work and passion. My parents taught me about money management and investments from a young age.
As early as the age of 8, I would roll out the thick Sunday morning newspaper and pull out those beautiful, shiny, colored coupons. My mom is a coupon clipping ninja. And, I would clip beside her as if each coupon was a fancy $100 bill. We had so much fun budgeting money together. She taught me the skills for good cash flow and money management.
On Saturday mornings, usually before the sun came up, I would learn about investments from my dad. He taught me what makes a market, how it moves, what makes a great investment and what a well-run company looks like. We read investment periodicals together and I studied finance books that he would give me for the holidays and my birthday. At the time, my dad was one of the trustees of a corporate retirement plan and responsible for oversight of the plan.
Those experiences eventually led me to a career in wealth management.
Early in my career, I made the mistake of just focusing on money as many financial planners do. While focusing on good money management for clients and for myself is important, I found myself waiting to take the first steps and do the things that are closest to my heart. And if I wasn’t having those conversations with myself, I certainly wasn’t having those conversations with my clients.
More than a decade later, the wealth planning work that we do now is about your life, then we plan the money and finances to support your dreams and goals. The key ingredient is knowing and understanding your dreams, goals and vision. Then we develop your wealth plan and investment strategies.
I became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ is to inspire others to find their joy around money.
- Started my career at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Transitioned to Strategic Wealth Associates in 2011
- Became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional in 2012
- Transitioned to The Wealth Consulting Group as founding member in 2014
- Founded Clear Sky Wealth to lead a dynamic wealth management and planning team
- Born and raised in Phoenix, AZ
- Graduated from the University of San Diego with high honors
- Played soccer for USD
- Spent a year in Malaga, Spain to learn the language and better understand European culture
- Lives in San Diego (for nearly two decades) with my husband, daughter, son and dog
- Practices yoga regularly to remain centered and fit
- Shares the magic of the game of soccer with younger generations
- Passion for gardening and travel
Organizations & Volunteerism
- Executive Committee Member for ProVisors
- Coach Youth Soccer
In my experience, life can be a balancing act. It certainly was and has been for me. I grew up with two families and two homes, switching back and forth every day, and I learned a lot about how to keep a lot of balls in the air at one time. Growing up, I was involved in competitive sports, enjoyed academics, and had creative outlets in playing the flute and singing in the choir. Learning to balance these different areas, while continuing to grow and flourish in each of them has been an asset, as I’ve progressed in my career. Having two very different families taught me how to relate and communicate with different people, and I carry those lessons with me in business today.
When people think about money, they often feel overwhelmed. I have found that these feelings stem from a lack of communication around money that ultimately leads to stress, which lowers self-confidence and impacts leadership and relationships. This was certainly true for me and my family now – communication around money was hard and stressful.
We went through the wealth planning process, which explored our values around money. The process taught us how to be on the same team, and bridged the gaps in communication that we had experienced for years. We now have clarity and confidence around our money, which has made all aspects of our lives easier and more joyful.
At Clear Sky Wealth, we work with each client to create a personalized financial roadmap to help you work towards your personal financial goals. We start with the intangible assets: values, dreams, goals, and ideas, and align them with the tangible assets, so that each wealth plan is customized and aligned with the matters closest to your heart.
California Insurance License # 0L29626
California Notary Commission # 2184473
- Started my career in Escrow Compliance for Pickford Escrow Company, an affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway
- Transitioned to The Wealth Consulting Group to learn about financial services and financial planning
- Joined Stephanie Barnier in helping to start Clear Sky Wealth as a part of our dynamic team
- Born and raised in San Diego, CA
- Attended Cal Poly, SLO, studied Kinesiology
- Danced West Coast Swing competitively
- Enjoy playing board and card games and cooking
- Passion for Scotland and Scotch Whisky, especially from the island of Islay
- Live in San Diego with my family, 3 cats, and dog