Why I Became a Wealth Advisor
In my experience, money can bring people together and provide joy. When I was in my mid-teens, I would wake up early on the weekends to spend time with my dad. On most mornings, we talked about soccer (a game I’ve played since the age of 6 and still love) and read the financial papers together.
Dad taught me what makes a market, how it moves, what makes a great investment and what a well-run company looks like. We read Barron’s and Investor’s Business Daily, plus we studied the finance books he would give me for holidays and my birthday. In high school, I was definitely the most educated girl about finance.
The conversations with my dad about money meant we spent time together, exchanged ideas – it was an important part of our relationship. He trusted that I could learn this stuff and it wasn’t just knowledge meant for men. As long as I was willing to learn, he would support me with more and more conversations.
Because of this experience, money is joyful for me. Discussions around money bring people closer and create opportunities to support one another.
I became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ is to inspire others to find their joy around money.
- Started my career at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Transitioned to Strategic Wealth Associates in 2011
- Became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional in 2012
- Transitioned to The Wealth Consulting Group as founding member in 2014
- Founded Clear Sky Wealth to lead a dynamic wealth management and planning team
- Born and raised in Phoenix, AZ
- Graduated from the University of San Diego with high honors
- Played soccer for USD
- Spent a year in Malaga, Spain to learn the language and better understand European culture
- Live in San Diego (for nearly two decade) with my husband, daughter, son and dog
- Practice yoga regularly to remain centered and fit
- Shares the magic of the game of soccer with younger generations
- Passion for gardening and travel
Organizations & Volunteerism
- Executive Committee Member for ProVisors
- Coach Youth Soccer
In my experience, life can be a balancing act. It certainly was and has been for me. I grew up with two families and two homes, switching back and forth every day, and I learned a lot about how to keep a lot of balls in the air at one time. Growing up, I was involved in competitive sports, enjoyed academics, and had creative outlets in playing the flute and singing in the choir. Learning to balance these different areas, while continuing to grow and flourish in each of them has been an asset, as I’ve progressed in my career. Having two very different families taught me how to relate and communicate with different people, and I carry those lessons with me in business today.
When people think about money, they often feel overwhelmed. I have found that these feelings stem from a lack of communication around money that ultimately leads to stress, which lowers self-confidence and impacts leadership and relationships. This was certainly true for me and my family now – communication around money was hard and stressful.
We went through the wealth planning process, which explored our values around money. The process taught us how to be on the same team, and bridged the gaps in communication that we had experienced for years. We now have clarity and confidence around our money, which has made all aspects of our lives easier and more joyful.
At Clear Sky Wealth, we work with each client to create a personalized financial roadmap to help you work towards your personal financial goals. We start with the intangible assets: values, dreams, goals, and ideas, and align them with the tangible assets, so that each wealth plan is customized and aligned with the matters closest to your heart.
California Insurance License # 0L29626
California Notary Commission # 2184473
- Started my career in Escrow Compliance for Pickford Escrow Company, an affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway
- Transitioned to The Wealth Consulting Group to learn about financial services and financial planning
- Joined Stephanie Barnier in helping to start Clear Sky Wealth as a part of our dynamic team
- Born and raised in San Diego, CA
- Attended Cal Poly, SLO, studied Kinesiology
- Danced West Coast Swing competitively
- Enjoy playing board and card games and cooking
- Passion for Scotland and Scotch Whisky, especially from the island of Islay
- Live in San Diego with my family, 3 cats, and dog